Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 15 - Kayaking & Swimming at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park

This morning the kids were excited to start our day.  Yesterday, seeing all the kayaks gave them a great idea of what we could do today.  We walked up to the little campground store to get life jackets and paddles.  Then, we looked around the lake for some kayaks that were not being used.

We all found some kayaks, put on life jackets and away we went in the lake.   I didn't kayak very long at all because I could feel the strain in my lower back.  I didn't want to ruin the rest of my vacation having back problems so I found a shady place to sit and just took photos.  Pops, Terryn & Kolton kayaked for quite a long time.








When they got finished kayaking, the kids wanted to go swimming.  I made them eat a little lunch  and rest before we went to the pool.  The kids swam probably an hour and a half while Pops & I found a shady spot under a tree by the pool. The water slide wasn't going to open until late this afternoon, so they mainly swam in the lazy river area.  The kids, of course, were not ready to quit swimming but I knew they probably had gotten all the sun they needed today.  Even though we put on sunscreen, they got a little sunburn.

They talked us into letting them kayak some more later in the afternoon.  They really love kayaking on the lake.

We drove into Madison and ate pizza and went to the grocery store.  Bob also filled up the truck with diesel.

When we returned to the campground, it was noticeable that the campground had really filled up today.  There are lots of families enjoying the outdoors.  There is so much to do in this campground!

1 comment:

  1. Hey kids. Its mommy. Looks like you all are having fun. I'll call you tomorrow afternoon. I've never been kayaking before... Maybe someday you can teach me. Love and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete