Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 85 of Our RV Journey to Canada & Alaska 8/05/14 - Travel Day to Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort Outside of Colorado Springs

This morning we left Rawlins, Wyoming at 8:30 a.m. with our destination being Mountaindale Cabins & RV Resort in rural Colorado Springs.

We arrived at Mountaindale at approx. 2:22 p.m. and only took one 10-15 minute break.  We went in the office and the desk clerk was on the phone with a customer so we went ahead and went to our site and parked & set up the RV.  After we were finished, Bob & I walked up to the office and paid for the three nights we are going to stay here. ($23.38 w/ Passport America x 3 nights = $69.11 Cab)


We stayed here a couple of years ago for a several weeks of the summer and love it here.  So we are familiar with the campground and the area.  We love this place.

our nice, roomy site at Mountaindale

nicely landscaped & peaceful 

Then, we walked to Ed & Marilyn's site to say hi and visit with them.  They were there and we greeted each other and exchanged hugs.  Ed & Marilyn mentored us on this full time RV'ing lifestyle.  They graciously took us under their wings over three years ago and we have become very close friends.  They have been full-time RV'ers since end of Sept 2006 (8 years next month).  We have traveled together and they have introduced us to many of their RV friends, including Jesse & Ginger that traveled alongside us on this trip.  They know the good RV parks, the good restaurants, the best highways to travel, neat places to go & see...you name it, they are full of great knowledge. They opted not to make the Alaska trip as they have been on a cruise to Alaska.  It was so good to see Ed & Marilyn again.  Bob & I both enjoy their company; they are a lot of fun with lots of stories to tell. They, too, will be wintering in the same area as Jesse & Ginger, and Bob & I this coming winter...it will be nice having everyone so near  to each other this winter.  The more, the merrier.



We sat outside and visited and Eddie stopped over to say hello. We met Eddie & Jan (his wife) this past spring in the Hill Country of Texas.  He visited with the four of us.  Jesse & Ginger walked to Ed & Marilyn's site and sat and visited.  Eddie left after a while to help his wife fix dinner.  Ed & Marilyn invited Bob & I and Jesse & Ginger for dinner.  They had BBQ beef sandwiches, slaw, potato salad, and chips; everything was very good.  Thanks Ed & Marilyn!!!

The traffic today in the Denver area was very busy.  I thought I was gonna have to pry Bob's hands off the steering wheel; he doesn't like busy city traffic, especially while pulling the RV...too much lane changing and crazy drivers.


Some pictures I took while traveling today:








This marks the 84th day and end of our journey with our friends, Jesse & Ginger.  They left out from Mountaindale RV Resort and this afternoon have returned to Mountaindale RV Resort. They have family in this area.   Bob and I can both honestly say that we are glad that they went along on the journey with us. We all got along very well considering we were together for close to 3 months. It was great, fun-filled time, a once in a lifetime trip, and we'll definitely cherish all the memories.  


Bob and I still have a few days of travel left before we get to the point where we started our journey from (Indian Creek Campground in Northeast Missouri).   On the way there, we will be taking possession of our new home on wheels... 2015 DRV Mobile Suite 38 RSSB3.  We are very excited to get our new home...for me I am anxious to get more counter space in the kitchen area, a residential refrigerator, and more closet and storage space.

We are both very excited to be going back to family.  I know, personally, I have my limits of how long I can be away from family...and we have exceeded that time.  We have been full time RV'ers for over 3 years and I still get homesick...highly doubt that will ever change.  I love traveling and seeing new places but I get teary eyed when I leave and I beam with joy when I get home.

Have a wonderful day!!!

jl

2 comments:

  1. Just a note to say a humble Thank You for the kind words. It is a joy to have friends like you guys and every mile we have traveled together has been a pleasure. Bob has been my "Go To" guy when I needed help. We look forward to sharing many more adventures with you guys. Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing a fellow Missourian to ride along. It was a wonderful trip from my couch. I just hope to follow in your wheel path someday. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete