Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 86 of Our RV Journey to Canada & Alaska 8/06/14 - Peaceful Day at Mountaindale RV Resort (Colorado)

This morning it was so nice to not have to set an alarm to get up to travel.  I didn't sleep that late, in fact, I got up quite a bit earlier than what I set my alarm.  Bob was already gone when I opened the door to the living area of our RV.  I figured he probably took a walk, as there is usually wildlife to be seen in this resort and area.

I started to bag up the contents in the drawers in our bedroom in preparation for hopefully a organized move when we move out of  this RV into our "new" RV.  Next Monday is the big move.

Bob came back from his walk and changed into different clothes to go work on a water hose leak at Ed & Marilyn's RV.  He was fairly certain of the problem, so he offered to take a look at it and fix it if he could. Surely enough, it was what he thought was wrong, and soon Marilyn could use her washer again.

He came back just as I was starting to cook some lunch, (or maybe I should say "the meal of the day").  I tried again to accomplish something on my blog, and for a while the WiFi cooperated.  I was able to upload quite a few pictures, before it acted up and wouldn't let me do anything....hate it when that happens...and it seems like the WiFi and I haven't been getting along well lately...or should I say the past 3 months.

Since there is a Camping World nearby (in Fountain, CO), Bob and I went there for a while this afternoon. We purchased some step covers for our new RV, and I got some collapsible bowls & shelf liners for the cabinets.  I was going to get some folding tables for outside that were on sale but those were smaller than what I want, so I will wait till the size I want go on sale, since I want to get four of them.

We got back to the RV and soon it was time for 'happy hour'.  We met Ginger & Jesse outside and all walked up the hill to Ed & Marilyn's.  Soon, we had a group of 10 people, sitting around with adult beverages in hand,....chatting, laughing & having a good time.





While we were all sitting around visiting, Bob spotted a turkey on the bushy hillside.  Soon came another turkey, and another, and another, and another,....not sure, but there was at least 20 or more, all walking along the side of the hill in a line.  Marilyn went close to where they were to try to get some pictures, but it was too shady.  She said that the turkeys turned and walked up the hill.  Not every day do you see that!!

That is one of the reasons that Bob and I like this resort.  Mule deer, bears, turkeys, and foxes are sighted here....mule deer almost daily.

Last night, there was a bear sighted in the resort, and had been in the trash dumpster that someone had not shut properly.

Bob saw a little fawn running and frolicking around this morning on his walk.  He took this not-too-good of a picture with his cell phone.


Another good day in 'Paradise'!!

Until tomorrow....have a happy, smiley day!!

jl


No comments:

Post a Comment