Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 34 of Our RV Journey to Canada & Alaska 6/15/14 FATHERS DAY - Travel Day to Denali, AK

First and foremost, I want to wish all fathers a Happy Father Day, especially my Dad. I feel so blessed to still have my father in my life, as I know a lot of people have their fathers only in memory.  When I awoke this morning I had gotten a phone message from my sister that my Uncle Larry had passed early this morning. I feel so sorry for his daughter who lost her father on this Fathers Day...a Fathers Day she will never forget.

Our daughters sent Bob a video for Fathers Day on Facebook.  I was not yet awake when he saw it, but I know that his heart melted when he saw it, as did mine when I saw it.  We both love the adventure we are on, going on this once in a lifetime journey, but we miss our family back home and today is a day when we would have all been together to celebrate our Dads.  It's not the gifts, instead it's the gift of family, and family getting together to celebrate.  Happy Father's Day Bob...you are a great Dad to our three daughters and a great PaPa to our two grandchildren.

I know, Bob has a lot of  fond memories of his Dad, and wasn't as fortunate to have him in his life as long as I have had my Dad in my life.  His Dad's birthday usually fell about a week before Fathers Day ... so this makes it even harder.  Happy Fathers Day to Bob's Dad, Buddy!

So, all you fathers out there, "Have a Happy Father's Day!!"

*********************************************************************************

Today was just a travel day for us.  We left the campground at Fairbanks and drove 110 miles to Denali RV Park.  We had all kinds of conditions of highway to travel on...frost heaves, highways where the pavement was removed & in construction, old highways, and some nice, new highways.  Bob has been taking it slow & easy on the bad stretches and faster on the good stretches of highway .... we like to "baby" our rig.

On our travels we saw a moose very close to the highway but I just barely got a picture of it.  We radio'd Jesse & Ginger and they were able to stop and get some good pics.


just some scenery along the way



We arrived around 1:15 this afternoon at the Denali RV Park & Motel. ($42.37 x 3 days = $127.12 Cap) - Full H/U, Cable TV, WiFi 





Tomorrow we have a long day planned so the blog will probably be later than normal.

Enjoy the rest of the day or evening, whatever it might be.

jl






1 comment:

  1. Janet, that tribute to all the Dad's in your life was very touching!!

    Yes, Bob is a great Dad, PaPa, Husband and Friend!!

    Hugs, TnT

    ReplyDelete