Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 57 of Our RV Journey to Canada and Alaska 7/08/14 Just a Lazy Day in Ninilchik

Bob and I were going to go salmon fishing early this morning at 4:00 but I wimped out on him.  After hearing the local & area news where a lady got mauled by a bear while she was jogging...it made me think twice about trudging though weeds as tall or taller than me especially so early in the morning.  I assume bears sleep at night and early morning like we humans do, and it seems that they usually attack if they are startled.  I guess what I'm saying is I don't need salmon that bad!!

I mentioned going salmon fishing later this morning but Bob was not interested then, so we didn't go.  Today I did household chores and sat down and watched a couple of daytime TV shows.

I also was the cook today.  I cooked ham & beans and cornbread for dinner tonight.

While I did dishes, Bob & Jesse drove to the fish weir that is set up close to the campground.   Bob said that the guy that checks the weir said there was a 60 lb. king salmon in the weir earlier this week....that was the biggest one that they have had in the weir.

We talked about possibly pulling up camp Thursday and going to the state park in Soldotna.  The guys are going to drive there Thursday morning and if there are two spots open that are big enough for our rigs.  If so, they will pay for them and come back and get the campers and take them there.

Have a good day!!

jl

1 comment:

  1. Here's a thought...How about throwing in a line at the fish weir when the attendant is away!!
    Good luck with that...TnT

    ReplyDelete