Sunday, July 13, 2014

Day 61 of Our RV Journey to Canada & Alaska 7/11/14 - Guys Really Did Go Salmon Fishing This Morning

Bob & Jesse left at 7:30 this morning and went fishing in Ninilchik.  It was sometime early afternoon when they got back.  No keepers; Bob caught 2.  Jesse didn't fare so well.

The commercial fisherman were allowed to set up nets & catch salmon today, so they didn't figure that fishing would be good because not that many fish will get past them.

I enjoyed just doing stuff in our home on wheels without anyone around.  I got a few things done and cabinets gone through.

We have a new DRV Mobile Suite 5th Wheel RV on order and will be picking it up on the way home from this trip.  It is the same floor plan as the one we have (36RSSB3), but it is a little longer and has more counterspace in the kitchen (38RSSB3), a  residential refrigerator, the nose is extended which makes for a roomier closet, and there will be a little more space between the recliners.  We have been full-time RV'ers now for a little over 3 years and loving it, so we decided to bite the bullet and get a bigger, newer model since we plan to continue RV'ing for several more years.

I'm loving this journey we are on, but I have got to admit I can't wait to pick up our new rig.  I'm so excited!! Our last report from the place we ordered our new rig from, is that it is built, already gone & back from paint, and waiting for some things that are not in stock that goes in it.

We are thinking we will be back in the lower U.S. by Sept. 1 (or before), and then pick it up soon after.

Since we are in Alaska, and have heard that sometimes people have good luck selling their RV's in Alaska, I have our present rig posted for sale on Craigslist in a couple of  the major cities here in Alaska.  I figure if we sell it and we are about finished wrapping up our trip in Alaska, we could rent a U-Haul and put our belonging in it and head to our new home on wheels.  IF we don't sell it, we have worked out a trade-in. Can't hurt trying.  We would have tried selling it back home this spring & summer, had we not had this trip planned, but had too much to do to prepare for this trip that I didn't have time to even try not to mention that we were workcamping.

That brings me back to TODAY....since it was raining, I took a bunch of photos of our rig inside to add to my Craigslist postings.  I have had a few calls (some scammers) already, so I know photos are a good selling tool.  I've sold quite a few things on Craigslist & Ebay...so I thought it could be time worthwhile spent doing some "free" advertising.

I was the designated cook & dishwasher for tonight's dinner.  I made homemade lasagna, lettuce salad, garlic cheesy french bread, and ice tea.  If I say so myself, it was mighty tasty!  (Zero Calories/No Carbs)




Ginger & Jesse and Bob & I made a group decision tonight.  The guys are going to go to Soldotna to fish Monday morning, and if there fishing luck is down, then we will probably be leaving this little fishing village of Ninilchik on Tuesday morning to go to Seward, Alaska to spend a few days.  There are a few things we are wanting to do in that area as well as fishing.  Seward is almost directly East of Ninilchik but to get to Seward, due to there's not many highways in Alaska, we will have to go North to Soldotna (or Kenai?) and then get on Hwy 1 and drive East for a while till we get to Hwy 9, then go South till we get to our destination (Seward).  Why can't there be a highway that goes directly East to Seward from Ninilchik???

Until tomorrow,...have a nice Sunday.

Groc 9.14 Cab/

jl


1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how exciting that must be to order your new rig just the way you want it!!!
    Can hardly wait to see it this January.
    Wishing you good luck ...TnT

    ReplyDelete